Bali Temples 3

10:47:00 PMKrishna Rao

I am going to tell you a small story here of a snake.
One day Krsna stood atop the hood of this snake called Kaliya after defeating him in the river Yamuna.
Subduing him Krsna then allowed this snake to go back to the island where he came from.
That island is called the Ramanaka Island in the great oceans ruled by the God of Sea called Varuna.
There is no historical proof that this island exists or even the snakes but I am sure you will agree with me when I post these photographs of the famed Tanah Lot temple in Bali.
Again I had the priviledge to pray inside this beautiful temple in Bali.
The high priest was kind enough to show me around.
I am sure you will find the following pictures very fascinating.


This is a small temple which stands on the rock west of the Tanah Lot temple.

This is another picture of the same temple.

The west faced walkway towards the temple which has a drop (which is unprotected) of nearly an hundred feet.

 Picture of Tanah Lot with the waves coming in.

The snake that guards the temple. You have to take a wash here from the pure sweet water that comes out of the snakes heads, before you enter the temple complex. The temple is inaccessible from the land when it is high tides and yet wonder of wonders this water is sweet to taste!

The centre of the main structure inside the temple

The left side which has various pedestals for worship with umbrellas which represent various divisions of society.

The three pictures are the main temple that houses the great God Varuna! Of course with all other presiding deities.

The temple wicket gate which seems so forlorn.

This Shiva Lingam which was brought from the Himalayas and still worshipped inside the temple.

The priest who conducted my prayers and showed me around the complex. God bless him.

 The south face that stares at the sea from the steps of the Tanah Lot temple.

Tourists waiting for the famed sunset which never happened that day.
Please let me know if you enjoyed seeing these pictures. I am not that computer savvy to post professional pictures or write the blog properly so pardon my shortcomings!




*>

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow, makes me want to visit the temples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the pictures , they are so beautiful and i can imagine how lovely the place would be ..

    yes Loved and enjoyed watching the pictures


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ParisM2B and Bikramjit.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form