Likes and Promotes?

4:47:00 AMKrishna Rao

Some random person added me to their page for no rhyme or reason and I wondered why?
I went to that persons profile only to discover that she has done that so that I could like her entry for the various contests the website holds. She had posted all the entries for the innumerable contests and just wanted to have likes or promotes!
The products stink and so do the blogs, yet you are supposed to go and like that?
This whole world is full of people who want their back scratched so after you have done that you expect them to scratch yours too. The more the likes in your kitty, you are supposed to be happy. The guys who sell that to you-the SEO guys who specialize in it goes happily to the bank whereas you are just holding the likes and waiting for footfalls and actual sales!
Those who think the cash registers start jangling after the likes will be very unhappy.
Nothing happens, except for the bills to arrive and you wonder how to pay them back!
Have a great product and go for promotions as a regular tool.
In my times I used to advertise in the dailies, play it on radio, run ads on television, sponsor some matches and get billboards put up. Now it is all about web sites, likes and so on and you have absolutely no idea whether it will work or not!
You gotta see the way in which people sponsor the 'pandals', the sign boards, the contests and so on in Kolkatta. You also should visit the Gwalior mela or the Dassera at Mysore!
Coming back to the likes and promotions, let me assure you the more the likes or promotes does not mean great quality product or good blog. It only means that some silly person has gone and done a Kolavari di!
My only suggestion to the contest owners is to actually have a better method of selection.
I still remember some very unlikely candidate winning the Miss Universe, Saregama and some other contests! Do they actually qualify for the accolade?

*>

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. :) its everywehre . vote for me vote for me ..

    a few months back also on indiblog we had this a certain someone begging asking for votes so they could win the contest .. I went on a tangent here :)

    lets hope the organisers do something

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bikramjit and Dr Rajanna. I agree with you,Bikram! I sincerely hope that the organizers take it seriously and stop giving prizes to those who beg for votes!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form