Excuse Me Please!

8:24:00 PMKrishna Rao

The moment I say these words you will come up with the next line- "My name is Anthony Gonsalves!"
I am not talking about the song but somethings that I observed in my travels.
The words are so easy for an Indian to say in India and he will get his job done.
Otherwise he will push the one who is blocking him and move on.
He will be given a dirty look or that person will curse him with the best possible words.
Singapore is completely oblivious to the words, "Excuse me please!"
When you are standing in a crowded train or a bus and you need to get off at the next station, you better move yourself right in front and block any person coming in since you know very well they will not allow you to get off at your required destination.
They will stand right in the middle and not allow even old people to come inside, meanwhile so much involved with their silly phones. I feel sad at the non verbal communication there!
If you were to ever utter the words then you will be given space only at the last moment and you are so much afraid that the doors will close on you.
Hardly anyone speaks here and if they do they speak in a whisper.
Meanwhile our countrymen are speaking their heads off as if on the old trunk calls from past.
The kids too cry very softly in that place and for once I saw a child bawl off, I immediately knew it must be an Indian kid who is not used to the fancy prams.
The father then took the kid out and the kid started to wheel the pram himself with the loads of bags his mother was carrying dumped inside the pram.
Here every woman wants to flaunt her baby bump because hardly anyone here has babies.
She will dress in the highly revealing dress. Whereas in India we do not want to show that.
Better to cover up and not tell anyone, "kyunki sabhki nazar thik nahi hoti!"
Hey, the foreign settled Indians(NRI's) love to post their kids growth right from the moment they are in their mothers tummy. I saw a person posting every damn thing about his kid and I was appalled at his double dosage of kid bs. I shut off all his updates and comments from my FB page!
Itna jyada logon ko bataya to logon ko irsha hoti hai, ma ne bataya hai!
We are so much used to swipe stuff from bazaars since we think its our birthright to ask for additional kothmir or dhaniya from the sabjiwala. To pick up free mags from malls which we hardly read.
Bhaiyya, free me mila hai to lene me kya dikkat hai?
In India,  we ask 'free kya hai iske saath', even after getting the heftiest of the discounts from the dealer.
But if you were to ask for additional discounts elsewehere they will wonder which third world country you have come from. I was asked if I came from our neighboring country. Come on! Hum addat se majboor hai..... free hai to apna haq banta hai lene me!
Now I need to go "to phir excuse me please!"

*>

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form