Heartless!

6:55:00 PMKrishna Rao

I remember the mails that you sent me, the lovely text messages, the tweets, the songs you posted on the facebook page were only meant for me. I knew your updates said words which others could construe as funny and humorous but I knew the underlying truth about them.

I never expected you to suddenly disappear from the face of this earth and I have been searching for the last three months for you.
You never take my calls and even though I get very sketchy news about your whereabouts from your office colleagues and I keep up my hopes that some day you will check up your mails in your inbox and see my pile of mails. Someday you will reply to at least one of those.
What is it that we have lost now, I really have no clue about it!
Yet, I keep on reading your last mail where you mentioned that you would never want to meet or talk to me again after this. Yes, there are too many things that I would like to talk to you about and have a clarification but I know your heart will not melt now. I wish I could give up on you just like that but every single day of my life I have cried and hurt myself. I have put myself to sleep with a sleeping pill or drunk like a fish cowering in pain and then slept.
Every book from the bookshelf talk to me about how we went about reading them. How we argued on every single one even when we knew that there was no conclusions that we could ever get to. The laptop in the corner looks forlorn now hardly getting used. Whom do I have to write to in my life now?
Seems like yesterday that you wrote such beautiful messages to me and the places we met then. Now you have moved to another land and we can hardly talk. Even then I had told you we can keep in touch by all kinds of modern communication but you thought it best to just walk out of my life.
I always ask myself, why me God? Why me? I have nothing to ask from you now and even before I never asked for anything at all. God, you must be enjoying your play up there in the heaven and gloating over this tragedy. Its just another of your fanciful plays and you marvel at your own creativity. But you know dear God, it hurts every human being. Can we never have our piece of heaven here on earth? You wring us out. Maybe you do not have a heart. You surely are heartless!

*>

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I know how it feels...Every letter speaks a thousand words.Thanks for sharing.

    Regards
    village girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suresh.
    How are you able to read One's mind n put them out so perfectly well!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form