St. Thomas On The Mount

12:00:00 AMKrishna Rao

This is the picture story of Jesus Christ and His apostle Saint Thomas who came to India and lived  and died here in Chennai. The cross He carved out which bleeds and that can be seen by the believers.

When I was focussing the camera I saw the bleeding and I couldn't believe my eyes and when I took the photo it did not show anything at all.
So I asked my disciple to see it once again. She first thought it could be the red bulb from the flash but once I covered it that could not be the reason. 
Having seen the blood I am sure you too can go there and see if you can capture it.
Unfortunately I couldn't!
Hope you like the story of how faith can move mountains and make images bleed!
The story of Christ in picture from carrying of the cross onwards.









You can see the Chennai Airport from atop the Mount.


The Cross atop the Mount.

Read the story about the Saint.


The Relics of the Saint

This is the cross carved by the Saint. I saw it bleed and then showed it to my disciple but the picture could never be captured.

This is the painting done by St. Luke, the Evangelist.

The Relics

The names of the sages whose relics are kept there.


The Church of St. Thomas in Chennai atop the Mount.

The Last Supper of Christ

Chennai

I reached one day late after her birthday.



The relics of other saints.
Kindly excuse my flash bounces in some of the pictures. I hope the story unfolds for you here. God bless and hope you too can make it to Chennai at this sacred place!

*>

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. good pictures.. liked them all

    and thank you for the wishes ..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bikram for your comments. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form