First Rank

6:35:00 PMKrishna Rao

I haven't studied hard this time, but can I have a first rank this time? I pray to thee, Dear Lord, so please hear my prayers. 


Here comes the beggar. Why are you always begging for something or the other? Now what are you begging for?

I am a beggar at your doorstep and I wish to ask you for me topping my class. That's all! 

You want me to give you the first rank in your class? That's a ridiculous demand and I won't give in to such stupid stuff. 

But God, you can do anything and I am just asking for a very simple thing. Can you not be kind and give me this little happiness? 

You know very well that you are no good in studies and you don't deserve to come first. 

Don't judge me. I want to top the grades and just want to feel great. 

How can anyone give you that? You know you haven't studied at all. That would be injustice. 

But you gotta help me now. 

Look if you want me to help you get great grades, then you should be ready for major consequences. If you say so then we can do the adjustments. 

What consequences? I am just asking for some very tiny changes, so why should it be such a huge deal? 

It is very big deal, hence I am asking you whether you are willing to pay for the consequences? 

Explain the consequences and then let me think. Please tell me. 

Just assume I will give you the first rank, then tell me what happens to the one who is the rightful owner of that rank? Should I give him second? 

Naturally. Isn't that what he should get? 

Then imagine how much you would be entitled to curses from him? He will not be happy coming behind someone who has never been the topper. The shock that everyone would be getting and their derision and astonishment! 

But that will still not be right. Why should anyone be jealous of me? You mean to say that the whole class will feel bad about that? 

Yes! You would be the cause of concern and ridicule too. They will all curse you and you will have to bear the consequences of their curses. It could mean ignominy or falling from grace and friendship of everyone since you will now be displacing everyone from their respective ranks. 

Oh, now I can see the whole picture. Everyone will become my enemy then. Though they might come and congratulate me but they will all have ill will in their minds. 

You have understood the true meaning of asking for something out of turn which causes others to be deprived of their true position. 

Yes. I can see how people feel deprived and defeated when the wrong person gets elected. That's so dangerous. I think I will stick to what comes to me naturally. 

Great. Now study hard and put in your best efforts. Only with hard work can one get what they deserve. So stop asking me for all these things which will put you in jeopardy. 

The truth is hard work never hurts and it's results are very acceptable and palatable too. I will feel good about myself. Thank you. 

So stop begging and asking me for things which you can get them yourself with your own efforts. I always appreciate those who do their own things and never beg for stuff which they truly don't deserve. 

Right. Now dear God, please give me the power to work hard so that I can get what I truly deserve. 

*>

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form