Mind Chatter

7:29:00 AMKrishna Rao

How to stop mind chatter? Is there any way to do that, dear God?

There are various methods prescribed by different people. Which one would you like to know? 

Tell me the simplest and easiest. 

Why are you so keen to stop your mind talk? Doesn't it serve you well? You think all the impossible things you know. 

You read minds so you know that very well. Tell me what I am thinking right now? 

Ha ha, that's so easy to guess. You don't need to be God to know what you are thinking. You are wondering now that I am not going to answer your question, instead I will give you some roundabout explanation which you will never understand. Right? 

You are absolutely right. If only man understands what you say to him, he will be better off. But man never listens to you. He listens to his own mind. 

Absolutely right. Man never listens to me at all. I am that voice inside of you which talks first to you but you drown my voice out with your minds chatter. 

Which is why I was asking you how to stop that from happening? We think, think and think so much that our brains are about to fall out. 

Yes. Right at the back of first thought is the second, then third and fourth and so on. It becomes a deluge soon enough. 

That is right. So how can we stop this overflow of thoughts? 

There is distraction, activity, inactivity, sleep, drugs, drinks, entanglements and so many other methods. Which one do you want? 

Oh, wow! Tell me all. 

In one Mel Brooks film, he asks the patient where it hurts and the patient shows his legs, Mel takes a stick and whacks his head. So the patient starts chasing Mel. Mel then tells him, look your hurt in leg is gone since you are chasing me. Now it hurts in your head. This is called distraction. Got it? 

You watch films, God? That was funny. 

What? Mel or me? Anyway the next method is to get so busy in some activity that you stop thinking entirely. 

Can you tell me some examples here? 

Get yourself a hobby or get involved in social service or some such work. It will keep you busy and you won't have time to dwell on your past. 

Inactivity must be connected to meditation? Or does it mean we just vegetate? 

Inactivity means you could just be sitting near a lake or go to a garden to gaze at nature. It makes your mind tranquil and calm. Especially the green nature. 

Of course, sleep could make your mind cease to think or dwell on any subject. 

Right. But drugs and drinks are terrible methods of ceasing the mind to think. Mind numbing drugs are very potent and one should not indulge in them. So also is alcohol and other intoxicating stuff. It could lead to dangerous addiction. Stay away from these things. 

You said entanglements. What does that mean? 

When you are in love with someone, you cannot see anyone else. You only are lost in that person. All love stories tell you that. Even marriage can put you out of your own mind problems but marriage or affairs could start another headache for you. 

God, these things I know very well. Tell me something new. You should enlighten me in things I don't know. 

What? Isn't it enough for starters? Go and apply one of these solutions first and tell me how you fare. 

But you never revealed anything new to me. What crap is that? Tell me something else. I have used all of the above and never succeeded in anything at all. Give me more. 

No use giving you anymore. First you should focus on one and see for yourself. By the way, the love of your life is calling out to you. You have to drop your kids to school. Get up now! 


Yawn! Why should I get up now? Tell me more. Tell me. 

Wife: whom were you talking to in sleep? You get up and get ready fast, the kids are getting late to school!!! 

*>

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form